Saturday, February 12, 2011

Halfway there!

The first wrist warmer is finally done! I had some issues with the little decorative flower, but with some help I finally got that taken care of. I also modified the pattern by adding a thumbhole along the seam. It’s very comfy, although I seem to have overestimated the size a bit. I used the same number of stitches the pattern called for (36), and I thought that would be enough for it to be a little snug on my hand. Instead I think I could have gotten away with using 32 stitches. Well, I guess next time I’ll know better.
            Here’s what it looked like without the flower.
And here’s what the finished product looks like. :)
Looking back, I’m a bit surprised the two cats didn’t try and steal the yarn while I was working with it like they usually do. Then again, they are a bit preoccupied with chasing each other around the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment